Friday, March 13, 2009

Slowly Settling into Spokane

Hello! I hope you are doing well. We are adjusting to Spokane pretty well. There were many cold, snowy days when we arrived two weeks ago, but it looks like the temperatures might be warming up to the 40-50 degree range. That almost sounds warm! Grandma and Grandpa helped us settle into our rental house and that was great. The rental is not so great. Oh well. Thankfully we signed a 6 month lease. Mom and Dad have started to look at houses and they are hoping that more will come up as the snow melts and Spring arrives.

Last week, Mom dropped the camera on the floor and it just happened that I stepped on it. Bad combination. It looks like we'll be shopping for a new camera soon at Costco. Oops. So, sorry we don't have any pictures to post with entry. Honestly, there isn't much to see here right now. We are all anxiously waiting for the snow to melt and the grass to turn green so we can spend time outside.

On the Canine Front, Murphy (or "Fweebee" as I like to call him) is doing well. I have caught onto keeping Fweebee in check. Now whenever he whines in the back of the car, I yell out a sharp, "NO!" every time. It's working.

Hmm...we've been here for a couple of weeks and Mom and I have found Toddler Story Time (NOT nearly as good as Mr. Robb), a playgroup, and in the Fall, we're joining the Southside Cooperative School on Monday mornings. We went to visit this past week and I had a blast. We had free play and painting then we went into the Romper Room to get our willies out, then we went into another room to sing songs, do fingerplays, and fun physical activities. Starting Monday, I start preschool! I will attend two mornings a week, Mondays and Fridays. I've heard Mom and Dad talk extensively about this and their main reason is to socialize and acclimate me to a structured, playing-is-a-form-of-learning environment. Mom says it's a top-notch, one-of-a-kind, non-profit, NAEYC-accredited program, but I just love being around other children. Mom, Ms. Emily (Mom's friend from high school), and I went to visit and play this morning. I am looking forward to starting on Monday!

Dad is settling well into his new job as a CRNA at Sacred Heart Hospital. He seems to really enjoy his job and his work environment. We're happy to see Dad happy. Actually, my school is affiliated with Dad's hospital and I'll be just a building away from Dad.

As we adjust to this new city, we're hopeful that it's a pretty good fit for us. I still ask about my old friends in Richmond and Mom pulls up their pictures on the computer for me to see. I hope to start making new friends here soon. If you ever want to head West, you can always visit us in Spokane! Take care and I'll have Mom take some pictures as soon as we can. Have a great weekend! Love, Sofia.

1 comment:

Melrutl said...

Glad to hear that Spokane is treating you all well so far, Sofia! We look forward to hearing more about your new school. Have fun!