Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy 2008, y'all!

To the right, Sofia is happily sleeping away in her podegi (Korean babywearing blanket). When my mom first brought it, I resisted because it didn't have safety buckles like the Snugli, but Sofia has grown out of the Snugli. Really? You say? After waking up to instant neck and shoulder pain 2 mornings ago, I realized carrying 21+ pounds all day long was going to do some permanent damage to me, so I turned to the podegi in desperation. It is a godsend. Korean women would work in the rice fields with this simple yet amazingly cozy and effective contraption for hundreds of years. It's great!


For New Year's, we headed up to the mountains to Orkney Springs, Virginia. We stayed at our friends'-Michele and Rad Burt-parent's 1890-something house and the Rayments too. We all had a great time! You may wonder why the pictures don't correlate to the words, that's because our camera had a dead battery. Ugh. We went on a big hike and Murphy and Willa loved it out there! Sofia got so much sun and wind exposure that her cheeks are still chapped. Oops. We're still pretty new at this parenting thing. So much to know!

There is Nana Fontana loving on Sofia. According to Dave, Jeni Job's fiance', that sure looks like fuzzy snuggle!

Here is another picture of our little one in Papa's kitchen sink getting a bath. She is seriously studying the stainless steel sink and granite combination. She approves!
(p.s. I don't really ever say "y'all," but I thought I would be a little Southern today. Like Britney Spears, y'all!)



No comments: