Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm crawling!

I have been moving/scooting in both directions for a while, but I am truly moving in the forward directions with no hiccups (going backwards, like into the coffee table). I started this yesterday. Yay! And I'm still 9 months old (till Saturday-whew!).
Now I am crawling over to Mom. I really enjoy standing and cruising around furniture and "walking" with help, but I kept hearing all this stuff about crawling, so I am finally going for it.

Oh wait! A distraction! Hey, it's Dad! Check out those hairy legs and the tattoo of Woody. Woody was Dad's dog that he got in high school and had for 16 years! I hear stories of Woody every now and then. They are mostly of how he used to constantly run away and how Dad had to go out and search for him. Woody even befriended a couple of homeless men in Seattle and hung out with them all day at the park because they fed him scraps out of the garbage can. Dad said when he went to pick up Woody, he had a noticeably large gut that day.

I'm getting closer! I am actually a 'selective crawler.' There has to be something that I really want, like going over to Murphy and poking his nose and pulling on his ears. He doesn't seem to mind at all. Actually, I think he secretly likes the attention. I love Murphy.

No comments: