Monday, October 20, 2008

Corolla Beach at the Outer Banks!

Hello! We went to Corolla Beach in North Carolina with our friends the Rayments. The weather was quite blustery and wet, but it didn't hinder our fun. We enjoyed each others' company and played!

Mom, Dad, and I went to the Currituck Lighthouse. It was built in 1875! Can you believe it! That is pretty old!

This is an old house on the grounds of the lighthouse. It is very big and quite beautiful!

The weather began to clear up a little.

This is Dad and Mr. Martin. Mr. Martin and family are from Seattle and lived in a neighborhood called Beacon Hill (this is also where Mom lived when she was a baby/toddler). We didn't know them before, but actually met them here in Richmond, Va. Coincidentally, Mr. Martin and Dad are in the nurse anesthesia program together (that's how we met) and we live a block away from each other! What a small world! When they graduate this December, the Rayments will move back to Seattle and we are moving to Spokane, Wa. in March! Dad got a job at a great hospital there and we are looking forward to living in the Pacific Northwest! Spokane has all four seasons and tons of outdoor recreation like snowboarding, hiking, fishing, boating, etc. It is located at the foot of the Rockies in a valley.

Ms. Lauren is bundling me up for our walk on the beach. (I feel like a cross between a firefighter and the Gordon's Fisherman.)

Mr. Martin, Dad, Murphy, and I are out for a stroll. Murphy loved the beach and ran and ran and ran and even went swimming! I'm actually taking a nap in Dad's arms.

See? I'm out! Here is Ms. Lauren, Mr. Martin and Dad. Everyone took turns carrying me because they all complained of shoulder pain and their arms going numb. Sheesh. I tell ya...a bunch of wimps!

Dad made some pancakes and eggs for breakfast and here we are enjoying our meal!

I really LOVED being with Will and Lucy. I was really happy to be seated right in between them too! I'm having some peas, cheese, a fruit bar and some milk. Yummy!


Here's Dad playing a video game called Flatout. It's a driving game. I'm not so into it. I'm wearing a matching velour, satiny jumpsuit. Dad kept saying that I looked like a character off the Sopranos. Sofia Soprano. If only I had my gold necklace...

Lucy is reading a Halloween book to me. Mom packed over 20 books for our trip. I love books! My favorite was "Moo Baa La La La" when I was younger, but now I really like books on butterflies, bugs, and "Mr. Brown can Moo. Can you?" Oh, that's Will climbing over the bag of books. =) He he. We had a great time at Corolla. Mr. Todd and Ms. Anna let us stay at their beach house. We'd like to thank them very much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no! you say. That isn't right!
The pigs say 'oink' all day and night.

that was a fave of julian's too.

Anonymous said...

and rhinoceroses snort and snuff and little dogs go ruff! ruff! ruff! Ha ha! Your post made me laugh out loud! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Did I read correctly? You're moving to Spokane? Get out of here! On second thought, don't get out of here. But how? Why? What about the South? I'm reeling and I'm going to need more details. Please email me asap! Signed---a very stunned Zina

Anonymous said...

By the way, baby Sof is getting so big! She's absolutely adorable. ---Zina